I’ve been meaning to do a post featuring Percy Jackson for awhile now (especially given it is in the lead on the Home Page poll), and since this week marks the release of the DVD of Sea of Monsters I figured now is a perfect time. In case you missed it, here is the movie trailer:
Percy Jackson Teaching Resources – Lesson Plans
- The Lightning Thief Discussion Guide – A summary of the book by Rick Riordan and suggested answers to 15 discussion questions (Scholastic).
- The Sea of Monsters Discussion Guide – Scholastic
- Various lesson plans and resources from Lesson Planet – Must have membership but can do free trial.
- Large list of lesson plans for various Rick Riordan books
- List of Lesson Plans, Teaching Guides, & more for purchase – Lesson Index
- Several Lightning Thief lessons for download
- The Sea of Monsters Extension Activity – Scholastic
- It Came From Greek Mythology from edsitement.neh.gov – This unit provides you with an opportunity to use online resources to further enliven your students’ encounter with Greek mythology.
- Lesson Plan – Using Words as a Way into Rick Riordan’s “The Lightning Thief”
- Going Greek! A companion lesson to accompany The Percy Jackson series
Percy Jackson Teaching Resources – Printables
- Huge assortment of printables from the official movie page
- Enormous collection of printables – several types
- Great collection of printables from ESLprintables.com
- Coloring Pages
- Percy Jackson coloring pages are educational and fun!
- Various printable worksheets – including quiz
- Free Printable Greek Mythology Coloring Pages; Gods, Goddesses, Creatures, Heroes and Legends
- Sea of Monsters Printable Activity Sheets!
- Crossword Puzzle, Word Search, Maze Game and Answers
- Percy Jackson Improv (Printable)
- Sea Of Monsters Activity Sheets
- Mythical Monster Match
Other Fun Stuff
- Behind the Scenes with Percy – Kid Reporter talks to actors, director on set in Canada
- Classroom Book Quiz Questions – Grades PreK-6 – Plan your own classroom Reading Game Show with these book quiz questions. Be a part of the Summer Challenge.
- Books vs. Movies: Teaching Visual Literacy and Literature Through Film – Grades 3-8 – Compare movie versions with original books in this unit for your class.
- Hosting a Percy Day at School
- A Book-Themed Birthday Party
- Online Quiz
- Hanukkah Activity 2013
- All Trivia Quizzes and Games – Sporcle Games …
Have fun with these Percy Jackson resources, and be sure to leave a comment telling me how you used them!!
**This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps us keep our freebies, content, and resources FREE ALWAYS! We really appreciate your support!